Bear Family Vinyl Club Exclusives 10" LP series limited to 500 copies on colored vinyl!
No dealer discounts!
- Originally released in 1961 on the Dutch Imperial label.
- Reproduction of an almost unaffordable 10"LP when in great condition.
- Attention: this is not a live LP!
- The Tielman Brothers were considered Europe's wildest live act during the late 50's/early 60's and are regarded the first internationally successful Indorock band in history.
- In 1958 they performed regularly as part of the Dutch Pavilion at the World Exhibition in Brussels - a newcomer band could hardly have dreamed of better publicity!
- The first single Rock Little Baby (on the Fernap label, not on this record) is considered the first Rock and Roll record from Holland.
- As a bonus we have chosen both of the wild tracks from their first Imperial 1959 single: Record Hop and Swing it Up.
- A holy grail for Indorock collectors!
- Limited edition of 500 copies worldwide in colored vinyl!
The Tielman Brothers - Andy: vocals, guitar; Reggy: guitar; Ponthon: bass; Loulou: drums - originate from Kupang in Indonesia and relocated to the Netherlands in 1956. They are regarded to be co-founders of the Dutch Rock & Roll scene and delighted their young audience with a furious live show.
In 1958 they achieved their breakthrough at the Brussels World Exhibition. Their energetic stage appearance produced the attention of international concert promoters, and the band was soon booked for several concerts in German nightclubs.
The Belgian label Fernap released the band's first single, which is considered the first rock & roll recording of a Dutch band. 1959 was the year of the contract with Imperial Records. One year later this meanwhile rare 10inch LP was released on the label. We have remastered the album together with two frantic bonus tracks and re-released it with the original cover art on high-quality colored vinyl in a limited edition.
|Tielman On Stage (LP, 10inch, Ltd.) 1|
|1:||18th Century Rock|
|2:||O Sole Mio|
|7:||April In Paris|
|8:||I Can't Forget You|
|10:||Swing It Up|