1-CD-Album Digipak (6-plated) with 51-page booklet, 34 tracks. Playing time approx. 78 minutes.
• Lloyd Price helped kick-start the rock'n'roll era in 1952 ... the New Orleans great really was there at the beginning.
• The only career retrospective to feature key recordings from Specialty, KRC, and ABC-Paramount.
• All Lloyd Price biggest rock'n'roll hits are here ... Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Stagger Lee, Where Were You
(On Our Wedding Day), Personality and the rest.
• The first legitimate CD to include Lloyd Price rare but very best rock'n'roll tracks like Such A Mess and
The Chicken And The Bop.
• Wonderful packaging with great photos and interview-based notes by Bill Dahl.
Lloyd Price played a huge role in igniting the rock 'n' roll revolution with his 1952 landmark R&B chart-topper Lawdy Miss Clawdy, and the young New Orleans-born singer with the warm, sunny smile was also one of the first standup R&B singers to consistently crash the pop hit parade with his late '50s classics Stagger Lee and Personality.
This 34-song collection is easily the most comprehensive Lloyd Price hits overview yet, incorporating a dozen of his early sizzlers for Specialty (including the rockers Where You At
?, Rock 'n' Roll Dance
, and Baby Please Come Home
), several new-to- compact disc gems from Lloyd Price's own KRC label (The Chicken And The Bop
, Georgianna, Such A Mess
), and his immortal pop smashes for ABC-Paramount, including his chart-topping Stagger Lee
as well as Just Because, Where Were You
(On Our Wedding Day
)?, Lady Luck
, and his romping cover of the Louis Jordan
chestnut Ain't That Just Like A Woman
This Price is always right!