6-CD Box (LP-Size) with 76-page book, 168 tracks, playing time 410:45 minutes.
How important was Pat Boone? In the 1950s, only Elvis sold more records…and Pat Boone was still charting hit after hit in the early 1960s! This exclusive collection features
- Pat Boone’s complete secular recordings (1960 – Autumn 1962) with pop standards, country, rock 'n' roll, and novelties, and much more, including the Number 1 pop hit Moody River, and his international smash Speedy Gonzales.
- 46 previously unissued performances.
- A 76-page-hardcover book with many rare and previously unpublished pictures from Pat Boone’s personal collection.
- The soundtracks of three films, 'All Hands On Deck, ' 'State Fair,' and 'The Main Attraction.'
- Together with 'The Fifties - Complete' and ‘Baby, Oh Baby’ (featuring Pat’s foreign language recordings) Bear Family has covered all of Pat Boone’s recordings from his first decade as a recording artist.
Bear Family's first Pat Boone boxed set – 'The Fifties Complete' – covers Pat Boone's recordings for Dot and Republic Records from 1953-1959. This volume continues with 6 CDs, comprising all of Pat Boone's non-religious Dot recordings from 1960-1962. There's an astonishing variety of material… from pop standards to country,
rock 'n' roll, novelty songs, and even a Jimmy Reed blues! Plus we've included Pat's soundtrack recordings for the films 'All Hands On Deck' and 'The Main Attraction' (previously available only on rare extended-play albums) as well as his songs from the 'State Fair' soundtrack. Among the original Dot LPs featured complete here are 'Moonglow,' 'Moody River,' 'I'll See You In My Dreams,' and his duet album with his wife, Shirley, 'I Love You Truly.' In addition, we've included songs from the era scattered on other albums through the years, and of course all the hit singles, including Delia Gone, Dear John,
TheExodus Song, Moody River, Big Cold Wind, Johnny Will, Ten Lonely Guys, Speedy Gonzales, and several more.
In addition, this exclusive set includes 46 previously unissued recordings, plus a 76-page hardcover book with an essay by Todd Everett that includes new interviews with Pat Boone and several of the people behind the records, as well as a complete discography and many previously unpublished photos.
One of the biggest-selling artists of all time, Pat Boone has long deserved the Bear Family treatment! This is Part Two of Bear Family's ultimate Pat Boone collection!