180-gram vinyl-lp. Gatefold sleeve.
- In poll after poll, this LP is hailed as one of the greatest records of all time.
- Quite possibly the greatest live recording ever.
- And now this 1964 classic makes a welcome reappearance on vinyl.
- Jerry Lee was never on better form, and his backing group, the Nashville Teens, are STILL trying to catch up with him.
- Jerry Lee went from one classic to another.
- His reading of Your Cheating Heart is still definitive, and Whole Lotta Shakin' is quite possibly the greatest-ever version.
Fortyfive years later, we can re-live that night on the Reeperbahn. For those who bought the original LP, Bear Family's remastering will enable you to listen to it anew, for those who missed it, there's no excuse now.
As a bonus, Bear Family has included one song, Down The Line, missing from the original LP. And: when you open the gate-fold cover, there's a large street map (60 x 60cm / 24 x 24) of Hamburg's St. Pauli quarter showing the Reeperbahn and Star-Club. This exclusive full-color graphic was designed by Ulf Harten, a well-known artist and friend of Bear Family.
|Live At The Star-Club Hamburg (180gram vinyl) 1|
|1:||Mean Woman Blues|
|2:||High School Confidential|
|5:||What'd I Say û Part 1|
|6:||What'd I Say û Part 2|
|7:||Great Balls Of Fire|
|8:||Good Golly, Miss Molly|
|10:||Your Cheating Heart|
|12:||Long, Tall Sally|
|13:||Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On|
|14:||Down The Line|